Mental Health is my passion! (In case you did not yet know that!-If not, where have you been?! Just Kidding!) BUT…Really… Did you know… ???
I am also passionate about nutrition! And fitness! And a healthy, non-toxic lifestyle!
Well, you might be thinking- “Great! Good for you! So…?!”
Let me tell you a couple reasons why that ALL matters…
We live in a culture that believes in FLU Season. Did you know that IS NOT a thing?! What many people call “Flu Season” is actually “eat too much preservatives and sugar, not getting enough sleep, not drinking enough water, under extra stress and no Vitamin D (aka SUN!) season!?”
It just so happens that when we are not taking the steps to BE healthy, we are more susceptible to all the symptoms that come in the form of those pesky colds or flu! Yet, we excuse it, not taking the responsibility that we actually have for our own health! Not to point fingers but… We need to actually take ownership over our health!!
What are you doing- or NOT doing- to care for yourself? Especially these days, learning about how to better care for ourselves is very crucial…..
Another reason is that exercise is a HUGE stress relief for both the BODY and the BRAIN.
Here are 5 Reasons why Exercise Matters:
1. It provides a BRAIN BOOST! A brain boost can look like finding clarity as well as refocusing, especially important when we feel overwhelmed by all the tasks on our plates. #momlife
2. Better Sleep. Regular exercise helps our body relax and we sleep better! I think we all know about the benefits of sleep… And most of us need more of it!
3. Increased Self-esteem and Confidence! As we push ourselves, we build confidence, especially if our bodies are not completely in the best shape. We develop habits and see strengths and just feel better when we are bettering our health!
4. Decreases Stress. It is a release! Whether you like to run, lift weights, play a sport or just dance around the house to some fun music while you clean, it is a powerful way to release tension in both the body and the brain!
5. A scientifically proven Mood Booster and it decreases symptoms of both anxiety and depression! In this crazy world where it seems most people are suffering from either or both, what a great way to reduce symptoms! (There is a lot of scientific-y stuff that I could talk about but I will save that for another post…. )
A challenging piece around exercise is MOTIVATION. Especially when anxiety or depression is high. I would encourage you to look at all the elements to see how nutrition and lifestyle, spiritual practices and self care (for starters) impact your anxiety/depression and thus, your motivation.
It is a multi-faceted system and all different areas require attention to be brought into balance for optimal health- for the physical, mental, emotional and spiritual! So, while we see that there are benefits to exercise, there are obviously additional components to address (Which I will save for another post….)
I hope that you will find ways that you can MOVE and little more to help boost your health in this new year. Simple ways include doing body weight exercises, which you can do anywhere, talking walks, having dance parties, doing step challenges, stretching regularly, or joining a gym. There are so many ways to build in exercise and movement in small ways that will benefit you! Even if you don’t see the benefits right away, keep at it! Habits take time to build and Rome was not built in a day… You will not change your health in a day either. 😉
Do you need additional support in your goals? Did you know I provide coaching? I have a variety of packages to support you in developing skills and/or keeping you on track with creating change! Let’s connect and see what fits for you- CHAT WITH ME HERE…
Do you need nutritional support that improves you mood? Seriously- that nutrition on a foundational level makes all the difference! CHECK OUT THE HAPPY JUICE OR FUNDAMENTAL PACKS HERE
to get that targeted health on the right track and see how it changes your mood and overall health! Oh- and it comes with a 100% Satisfaction GUARANTEE! Can’t go wrong!
Do you have specific blocks that are preventing you from making healthy changes? Setting up an Emotional Release session to target those known or unknown issues might just be what you need! Schedule with me to release those blocksHERE
Finding BALANCE in all the areas of health and wellness is truly the key to living your best life!
Helping you live your best life!