If you're a mom, chances are you've said this phrase a million times: "I'm fine." You say it when your kids ask how you're feeling, when your partner asks how your day was, and even when your friends or family members inquire about your well-being. But the truth is, you're probably not fine. (Guilty!) You're exhausted, anxious, and maybe even a little bit resentful. So what can you do to take care of yourself? Here are 5 wellness tips for the exhausted mom.
1. Get enough sleep. This may seem like an impossible feat, but it's important to try to get at least 7-8 hours of sleep each night. If your kids are keeping you up at night, try to nap during the day when they're napping or in school. And if all else fails, coffee is always an option.
2. Eat healthy. Again, this one may be easier said than done, but it's important to fuel your body with nutritious foods. When you're tired, it's easy to reach for unhealthy junk food, but resist the temptation! Eating healthy will give you more energy in the long run.
3. Exercise. Yes, exercise is hard when you're tired, but it's worth it! Exercise releases endorphins that help improve your mood and alleviate stress. Besides, getting out of the house and moving your body is a great way to get some fresh air and clear your head.
4. Take breaks. When you're constantly on the go, it's important to schedule in some time for yourself. Whether it's taking a bath, reading a book, or going for a walk by yourself, taking breaks will help you recharge and refocus.
5. Seek professional help if necessary. If you find that you're struggling to cope with anxiety or depression, don't be afraid to seek professional help from a therapist or counselor. Mental health is just as important as physical health!
If you need support on your journey, let's chat. My passion is helping exhausted, anxious mamas conquer burnout and achieve better health and balance in their lives. You can achieve the balance you are looking for. <3