We are almost a full week into the New Year! Can you believe it?! I love spending time looking at my goals, not just at the end of a year, to figure out what I am doing well and how I can improve. I mean, that is hopefully what we are all doing in this life, right?
I use the Oola Framework to help me sort through goals and set myself up for the areas that I will most benefit from.
The 7 F's are: Fitness, Finance, Family, Field (Career), Faith, Friends and Fun.
We look at each area to see what parts are strong and what parts need a little (or a lot!) of work. Let's look at each of these a little deeper!
Fitness: This area encompasses the health and wellness in your life, body, mind, and soul! There are a lot of sub-topics in this F that can be broken down, from eating and exercise to mindset, emotions and more.
Finance: This area will include a little of everything; income, spending, debt, charitable giving, saving, investing. Ideally, we spend more than we make and we touch on each of these areas in finance in the right ways.
Family: The scope of all your relationships lies here. Identifying healthy family relationships, identifying toxic relationships and how to deal with them, establishing boundaries where needed, offering forgiveness or confronting issues are all a part of Family.
Field: Your career or profession falls here. Even as a stay at home mom, right? This is the area in which you are dedicating your time and work. Ideally, we are in a place that we can say we LOVE what we do, but unfortunately too many people wouldn't say that about the job they spend so much time doing. Sometimes this area is looking at ways to expand what you are doing, shifting your thinking or adjusting other areas of your life to make this area stronger and have a plan to have this be an area you can love.
Faith: Your belief system. It is your understanding of why you are here. What is your purpose? What has the Lord created you for? Sometimes that seems challenging if you are not a "churchy" person or maybe not a believer at all. However, this area still deserves some exploring. I would still encourage you to connect with people and have conversations or find ways to be plugged in to explore what your purpose truly is. You were created for more!
Friends: This includes your social circle. Are there positive or toxic relationships? Do these people support your best you or do they pull you down? Who do you give your ear to? Find the people who feed and stretch you in all the positive, life giving ways.
Fun: What is your passion in life? The everyday things you enjoy doing. Having fun EVERY day is important and having a "bucket list" of larger Fun items is key! I know this area has been a huge struggle for me, as a mom and Enneagram 9, as putting others first is just "what you do." But really, as we know, taking care of us is HUGE and having fun, however big or small, is a large part of that much needed SELF-CARE to keep us sane and happy!
A Few Tricks for Setting Goals:
1. Check your mindset! Are you limiting yourself by what others (or YOU) believe is possible? Sometimes we have that negative voice that takes over and then we end up questioning or downplaying what we know we really can do with self sabotaging beliefs!
2. Spend some time in prayer and reflection before you start looking at the 7 areas. It helps ground us and settle our emotions, preparing us to be ready to look at what we need to.
3. Use Oils. There are a number of oils that are great to use. Really anything that help you feel calm or focused. Peace and calming. Lavender. Clarity. Those are a few of favorite choices. (Contact me for a personalized AFT session by clicking HERE).
4. Grabbing your partner or friend and reviewing your goals. This task can be done together or, ideally, you each create your own and then you come together to discuss your goals and how you can support one another in your goals. It is great to have accountability in things that matter!
5. Journal. Sometimes grabbing an older journal to see what you have been desiring to do or a new one to see what is currently on your heart are both great ways to wrap your mind around the areas that you might need to work on. Especially when it comes to field and fun- those are the areas that people more often feel stuck and struggle to make those changes.
If you are interested in taking the test online, check it out HERE.
If you are needing a little more accountability or help in your goal setting to make 2021 your best year yet, please connect with me and see how I can help. I am a Certified Oola Life Coach as well as a Licensed Mental Health Therapist so I can discuss options to best support you in creating the life you deserve! Connect with me HERE to learn more.
Either way, message me and let me know your TOP goal for 2021!